Billing & Payment Options

Online Account Portal

If you want to pay online, then visit:


Credit Card or Electronic Check (E-check)

If you want to pay with a credit/debit card or e-payment from your bank (checking or savings account), please contact Farmers Electric at 870-523-3691 to utilize this payment service.

Bank Draft

No more buying stamps or late payments! Sign up for bank draft to have your bill drafted out of your checking account each month. Your account will be charged on the due date listed on your bill. To sign up for bank draft, call the cooperative office at 870-523-3691 or 800-834-9055 for more details.

Levelized Billing

Our levelized billing plan attempts to level your monthly payments each billing period based on a rolling 12-month average which, under normal circumstances, should change your bill only a few dollars each month. Levelized billing is great for those on fixed incomes that don’t want to endure the ups and downs of seasonal electric bills. Please call the cooperative office at 870-523-3691 or 800-834-9055 for details on signing up for levelized billing.

Visit a Local Office

Visit us during working hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 pay your bill at our office in Newport at 300 Highway 367 North. We also have a convenient night drop for your convenience. Please bring your statement!

Pay by Mail

You can pay your bill (include your statement) through the United States Postal Service by addressing your envelope to:

Farmers Electric Cooperative
P.O. Box 708
Newport, AR 72112

Short-Term Extensions

Farmers Electric Cooperative offers short-term extentions on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our member services department to discuss.

Payment Assistance

We understand that unexpected expenses or circumstances may come our way from time to time. That is why at Farmers Electric Cooperative we try to work with our members as much as possible.

If you are experiencing financial hardship, we would like to offer opportunities to help you:

  1. Call our office at 870-523-3691 or 800-834-9055 before the “shut-off date” listed on your bill to arrange a Delayed Payment Agreement. You will be required to pay no more than 1/4 of the overdue bill as the down payment and enter into an agreement to defer the remainder of your bill into equal installment payments with the following 3 months bills.
  2. Visit any of our offices to fill out a form for Sales Tax Exemption. Qualifying low income residential members with total household income of $12,000 or less or business members with tax-exempt status may be exempt from sales tax on the first 500 KWh used each month.
  3. Contact one of the following agencies for possible Payment Assistance:
Crowley’s Ridge Development Council 
870-523-5474 Newport
870-802-7100 Jonesboro
North Central Arkansas Development Coucil, Inc.
Community Action Program for Central Arkansas